Cacadores

#10 [url]

Nov 30 08 1:03 PM

Here are the boards laid out on the carpet: the positions are interchangable. Normally I play with four of them arranged side by side in one row, rather than in a square like here.

Top: you can see three Valentines. In the foreground Panzer IIIs. Top right: camels.

Quote    Reply   

Cacadores

#15 [url]

May 31 09 11:13 PM

I reckon that the best way to make it is to have a thin foam board base (for strength - you can even buy foam boards with interlocking edges, which is great), glue a thicker (like an inch or an inch and a half think) sheet of cheap polystyrene over it, to fit. Then cut into the polystyrene and use plaster or acrylic grout to smooth it out. I used bathroom filler in a squeeze stick to make little hillocks or grassy banks. And you can glue on slivers of polystyrene too. Then sand glued on with PVA and then given a dilute PVA wash after. Which you can paint of course.

Boards made like this are incredibly light and strong. The only weak point is the edge of the weaker polystyrene. I dealt with that by cutting thin strips of card, folding them in half lengthways, giving them an 'L' shape end-on, and gluing these strips along all the exposed edges. I used pins to keep them in place until they dried. This is before the sand stage.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help