Lead

May 25 10 9:53 AM

Tags : :

Hello,

My name is Jean-Pierre, I'm 31, I live in Corrèze, France. I teach Classics, then my favourite period in wargames is the Antiquity. I own a Roman and a Gallic 15mm army. I interest myself in the Napoleonic period too, I'm painting the 3rd English light infantry division at Waterloo. Miniatures are Perry 28mm, I find them splendid.
I play DBA, DBM, Ancients and Napoleonic Principles of War. I also play the French rule L'art de la guerre.
I hope that I can discuss these periods with other players on this forum.
Quote    Reply   

gege

Prospective Cadet

#1 [url]

May 26 10 9:12 PM

salut jean pierre

welcome jean pierre

content de voir une français sur ce super forum

happy to see a french man on this super forum

le colonial britannique est ma période de prédilection

the british colonial war is my favorite range

gérard

haut les têtes messieurs la mitraille n'est pas e la merde !!

Quote    Reply   

Cacadores

Brig. General

#2 [url]

May 27 10 12:22 AM

Hello Jean-Pierre19,

Welcome here. Hope you can show us some photos of your figures if you have some.

Principles of War is good. Mostly now, we just use the rules for hidden units and the start of a game. Recently we played a game set during the French-Indian war, using P of W first and then 'BLack Powder' rules. Borrowed they were - because it's an expensive book.

Are you planning to put on a Waterloo game? The whole of it or just a part?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 27 10 4:55 PM

Hello,

You're right, with some friends, we're planning a Waterloo game, but just a part of it. Planning the whole battle would be too big : we are only four players, and we all work and have a family. We will use Napoleonic Principles of War, but at the battalion scale.

Quote    Reply   

Cacadores

Brig. General

#4 [url]

May 30 10 6:32 PM

Hello,
Which part? I've seen the battle around Hougoumont played, that was quite good.
Personally, I like Shako, but just now we've been trying 'Black Powder' rules, even though they are pretty expensive.
The rules for deploying hidden units in Principles of War are good. A few times we've used them to start the battle off and then used other rules for the rest of the battle.
I think there's a lot of people find Principles of War a bit complicated. How do you find them?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 6 10 6:36 PM

We will play the battle around Hogoumont.

I think there's a lot of people find Principles of War a bit complicated. How do you find them?

On the contrary, I find Principles of War rules are easy to learn. After two battles only, I had assimilated the main rules and was able to explain them to new players.
The only problem with Napoleonic PoW is that orders are given at the regimental scale and we usually play at the battalion scale with the ratio 1 miniature for 40 men. That's why we introduced some amendments to the basic rule.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help